Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June Update with Pictures

I have finally sat down to write an update on here.  As I stated below, I have been really busy with school, this semester, I am taking a full load this summer; yes, I was crazy for doing it, but know I am getting closer to the end.

Ashleigh is doing great; she is learning new things everyday. She continues to love art; she can keep her self busy all day long {if I let her} just working on her art work.  I think she will take after her Grammy, who has a special love and appreciation for art.  

Ashleigh attended a week long gymnastics camp with her friend,Peyton, as well.  This was really good for her because she stayed there from 12pm-5:30pm;  it allowed her to mingle with other kids and experience being away from Mommy {other than being babysat by friends}.  She did really well.  I might sign her up for a 1 hr/1x a week gymnastics class; this is just a thought right now.

A lot of emotions hit me at the beginning of June when I suddenly realized {with the help of my friend, Diane} that Ashleigh will begin Preschool in August vs January; she will be going all day, all year.  Florida changed their program to begin in August instead of January to reflect a full year instead of half a year.  I had prepared myself for her to begin in January so needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed and emotional.  She will be entering the school system, which means that it is the beginning to her growing older.  No longer do I have a toddler, I will now have a school girl.  I cannot be more proud of my little girl; she is very smart and I look forward to watching her learn and grow.  

Ashleigh spends a lot of time in the pool and playing with all of her
 friends {now that they are off for the summer}.   She is like a fish in the water. 

Father's day was wonderful for Brian.  Every year Ashleigh and Brian go swimming for Father's day; it is a tradition that we will keep.  We also went to our neighbors for dinner; med. rare brandy and orange marinated steak and the fix-in's {Yummy}.  We 
{Ashleigh & I} got Brian some cooking stuff for his new outdoor grill.....{Oh, 
have I not mentioned this, yet?}  Brian is getting an outdoor kitchen; they have already st
arted and expect to be finished in a few weeks.  He is so excited! He has been wanting to do this for years, and finally he gets his wish come true.  I am so happy for him.

Ashleigh swimming with her Daddy; 
one of her favorite things to do with Daddy

Ashleigh with our loving MiMi; whom she adores. 
  She recently told her: "MiMi, you love everyone, don't you?" 
Yep, she sure does.


Oh, yeah.  I forgot to mention we went to t
he local bee farm for an educational experience for Ashleigh; of course, she loved it!


Ashleigh & Jenna hanging out after swimming.


Ashleigh visiting her preschool for the first time with Peyton.




     Ashleigh in her first gymnastics class


Flowers from Daddy; I love flowers, especially from Daddy!


Finally, we have the start of Brian's outdoor grill.

Happy Wednesday to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones